BOWIE, MD - Congressman Steny H. Hoyer (MD-5) released the following statement today after attending several pre-election events across the Fifth District this weekend to energize voters about Tuesday’s election and to support the Brown-Ulman campaign.
"I was proud to join Marylanders throughout the Fifth District this weekend to emphasize the importance of Tuesday’s election and to energize everyone to exercise their right to vote. This election is about what direction our state is going to go in, and and our Democratic candidates are ready to fight for Maryland families so that everyone has the opportunity to make it in our great state and make it in America. Anthony Brown and Ken Ulman are exactly the leaders Maryland needs to continue growing the economy, building a strong middle class, and achieving results for the people of our state. Reports show that twice as many Democrats in Maryland voted early. I encourage everyone who hasn't voted yet to head to the polls on Tuesday, November 4 to make their voices heard and elect Democratic candidates to our federal, state, and local offices.”
Congressman Hoyer attended the following pre-election events:
- Anne Arundel County: “Get Out The Vote” rally with the South County Democratic Club in Churchton
- Calvert County: Annual Calvert County NAACP Fall Luncheon in Chesapeake Beach
- Charles County: Hoyer and Brown-Ulman Campaign “Get Out The Vote” rally in Waldorf
- Prince George’s County: Brown-Ulman field office stop in Largo and a campaign stop with Anthony Brown at Busboys and Poets in Hyattsville
- St. Mary’s County: St. Mary’s Democratic Central Committee’s Annual Unity Breakfast in Lexington Park