The Hoyer for Congress (HFC) Campaign is seeking interested applicants to serve as Campaign Fellows throughout the 2022 Maryland primary election. The Campaign Fellow will assist in the execution of HFC’s direct voter contact program throughout Maryland’s Fifth Congressional District, including canvassing, phone banking, and other campaign activities. This position will require both in person and virtual activities. COVID-19 safety protocols will be practiced with all in person activities and will follow local, state, and federal guidance.
- Participate in direct voter contact activities such as canvassing, phone banking, and voter registration.
- Collect, and log data from direct voter contact activities.
- Participate in campaign and community events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with elected leaders, volunteers, and voters from a wide range of backgrounds
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings
- Must be able to work evenings and some weekends.
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” attitude for problem solving
- Previous experience or ties to your assigned region preferred, but not required.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license, reliable access to a car, and a laptop.
Salary for this position is $15/hour. This is a part time position and requires applicants to work twenty (20) hours a week and may increase as we get closer to the primary elections. This position is expected to run through the conclusion of the 2022 Maryland Primary on July 19, 2022.
The Hoyer for Congress Campaign is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your resume and a cover letter.
The Hoyer for Congress Campaign is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state, district, and the Democratic Party. The Hoyer for Congress Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.