IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FIFTH DISTRICT VOTERS:
Maryland’s primary election is on July 19, 2022, and there are several options for participation.
There are now three easy ways to vote in the July 19th primary election:
- At Home Through the Mail: To request a mail ballot, click here and follow the instructions. Once you have received your ballot in the mail, fill it out, sign the envelope, and drop it in the mail or at a drop box before July 19th. Return postage is paid for your ballot.
- Drop it Off: If you would prefer not to put your completed ballot in the mail, you may drop it off at a drop box location. Click here or see below to find a secure drop box location in your county. All ballots must be dropped off by 8:00 p.m. on July 19th.
- Vote In-Person on Election Day: Each voter will be assigned a polling location that will be open on Election Day, Tuesday, July 19th from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please click here to find out where your assigned polling location is. You can cast your ballot as long as you are in line by 8:00 p.m.
What should I do if I haven’t received my ballot in the mail?
If you requested a ballot but have not received it, and have verified on the voter look-up website that your ballot has been sent, wait a few days. Your ballot may be in transit. If the election is one week away and you haven't received your ballot, please contact your local board of elections. A representative of your local board can help you.
When does my ballot need to be postmarked by?
- July 19, 2022
What should I do if I am not sure if I am registered to vote?
- Click here to check to see if you are registered. If you are not, you may click here to register to vote online until June 28th. You may also register to vote in person at an Early Voting Location in your County or at your assigned polling place on Election Day, and then you may cast your ballot. You will need to bring a Maryland driver’s license or state ID to register to vote in person.
Do I need to be a registered Democrat to vote in the primary? How do I know if I am?
- Yes, you must be a registered Democrat to vote in a Maryland Democratic Primary. To check your registration, Click here.
Do I need to bring anything with me to vote in person?
- If you are already registered to vote, then no, you do not need to bring identification. If you are not registered to vote then you will need to provide a Maryland driver’s license or state ID to register and vote.
How will I know if my mail ballot was counted?
- You can check that your ballot was counted by clicking here.
For any additional questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our campaign at (301) 464-5710 or email@example.com.
Ballot Drop Box Locations in the Fifth District
*All ballot drop box locations will be open by June 13th through 8:00 p.m. on July 19th.*
Anne Arundel County Ballot Drop Box Locations
- Arundel High School: 1001 Annapolis Road, Gambrills, MD 21054
- Brock Bridge Elementary School: 405 Brock Bridge Road, Laurel, MD 20724
- Crofton Elementary School: 1405 Duke of Kent Drive, Crofton, MD 21114
- Crofton High School: 2291 Davidsonville Road, Gambrills, MD 21054
- Laurel Park Race Track: 198 Laurel Race Track Road, Laurel, MD 20725
- Meade Middle School: 1103 26th Street, Fort Meade, MD 20755
Prince George’s County Ballot Drop Box Locations
- Baden Community Center: 13601 Baden-Westwood Road, Brandywine, MD 20613
- Board of Elections Office: 1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A, Largo, MD 20774
- Bowie Community Center: 3209 Stonybrook Drive, Bowie, MD 20715
- Bowie Gymnasium: 4100 Northview Dr, Bowie, MD 20716
- Bowie State University Goodloe House: 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715
- Deerfield Run School Community Center: 13000 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708
- Lake Arbor Community Center: 10100 Lake Arbor Way, Bowie, MD 20721
- Largo/Kettering/Perrywood Community Center: 431 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- South Bowie Community Center: 1717 Pittsfield Lane, Bowie, MD 20716
- Southern Area Aquatic and Recreation Complex: 13601 Missouri Avenue, Brandywine, MD 20613
- Upper Marlboro Community Center: 5400 Marlboro Race Track Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- Westphalia Community Center: 8900 Westphalia Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
Charles County Ballot Drop Box Locations
- Board of Elections: 201 East Charles Street, La Plata, MD 20646
- Henry E. Lackey High School: 3000 Chicamuxen Road, Indian Head, MD 20640
- St. Joseph's Parish Center: 4605 St. Joseph's Way, Pomfret, MD 20675
- Thomas Stone High School: 3785 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
- Waldorf Jaycees: 3090 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
- Westlake High School: 3300 Middletown Road, Waldorf, MD 20603
Calvert County Ballot Drop Box Location
- Board of Elections: 30 Duke Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- Fairview Vote Center (behind Fairview Library): 8120 Southern Maryland Blvd, Owings, MD 20736
- Northeast Community Center: 4075 Gordon Stinnett Avenue, Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
- Southern Community Center: 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby, MD 20657
St. Mary’s County Ballot Drop Box Locations
- Bay District Firehouse: 46900 S. Shangri-La Drive, Lexington Park, MD 20653
- Charlotte Hall Library: 37600 New Market Turner Road, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
- Dynard Elementary School: 23510 Bushwood Road, Chaptico, MD 20621
- Great Mills High School: 21130 Great Mills Road, Great Mills, MD 20634
- Hollywood Firehouse: 24801 Three Notch Road, Hollywood, MD 20636
- Leonardtown High School: 23995 Point Lookout Road, Leonardtown, MD 20650
- Lexington Park Elementary School: 46763 S. Shangri-La Drive, Lexington Park, MD 20653
- Mechanicsville Firehouse: 28165 Hills Club Road, Mechanicsville, MD 20659
- Piney Point Elementary School: 44550 Tall Timbers Road, Tall Timbers, MD 20690
- Spring Ridge Middle School: 19856 Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653